- Kraken Rum is Caribbean rum that is admired for being an alcohol based drink that has a hint of flavours from ginger ale, cinnamon, and clove.
- A 700ml Kraken Rum has an average price of $18.99.
- The Kraken Rum can be mixed with various drinks and cocktails like coffee, cola, beer, and fruit juices.
Introduction to Kraken Rum
Brief History of Kraken Rum
Kraken Rum is an imported rum made from natural sweet molasses refined from the naturally grown sugar cane of Virgin Islands riverbanks.
It originated from Trinidad and Tobago, a country from the Caribbean. It was first distributed in the US in the year 2010 by Proximo Spirits and was named after a mythological squid-like monster from which it also got its logo design.
The word Kraken originated from a legendary sea monster that is notorious for attacking ships and navigators sailing the Atlantic.
How Is Moet & Chandon Champagne Made?
The Kraken Rum base is made from locally grown sugar cane, which is extracted to form molasses. The rum is then aged in barrels for 12 to 24 months, and mixed with 11 different spices that include cinnamon, ginger, and clove.
Moet & Chandon Champagne has a 12% ABV for every 750mL and is basically made with three grapes, namely Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Pinot Meunier, and a hundred different wines.
How Long Does Kraken Rum Last?
As long as the rum is left unopened, it should remain good for 20 years. But if it is already opened, its shelf life stays indefinitely, but it may slowly go bad over time, depending on how it was stored.
Kraken Rum Prices
Kraken Rum is generally less expensive than other rum brands like Captain Morgan. It can be found in almost every liquor store because of its popularity among the young drinking crowd.
Although Kraken rum is drank by drinkers in the middle age group, there are also different liquor enthusiasts who enjoy the Kraken rum selections.
Kraken Rum Prices List
Kraken Black Spiced Rum
Kraken Black Roast
Kraken Black Spiced Rum Dark Label
Currently, Kraken Rum has three existing blends available, which are Kraken Black Spiced Rum, Kraken Black Spiced Rum Dark Label, and Kraken Black Roast.
- Kraken Black Spiced Rum in 750 mL with 94% alcohol proof costs $21.00.
- Kraken Black Spiced Rum Dark Label in 750 mL with 70% alcohol proof costs $25.00.
- The Kraken Black Roast in 750 mL with 66.6% alcohol proof costs $22.00.
Similarly Priced Alternatives to Kraken Rum
Bacardi Rum costs almost similar to Kraken Rum. For a 750ml Bacardi Gold Rum bottle, the price averages around $15, which is a bit cheaper than Kraken Black Spiced Rum’s $19.
Unlike Captain Morgan Rum and Kraken Rum, Bacardi does not offer black spiced rums.
Captain Morgan Rum is another known rum maker that offers spiced rum. Compared to a 750ml Kraken Black Spiced Rum that costs an average of $19, Captain Morgan Rum roughly costs $24.
Captain Morgan is a good alternative to Kraken Rum, only that it is more expensive. Both rums are good quality; the only main difference between them is that Kraken is the only brand that exclusively produces black spiced rum.
Malibu offers almost the same average price to Kraken. With Kraken Rum costing from $19 for a 750ml bottle, Malibu Rum costs around $20 – $25 of the same bottle size.
Malibu Rum is a good alternative to Kraken Rum if you want to spend the same budget but when it comes to taste, they have completely different flavour profiles. Kraken Rum specializes in black spiced rums, while Malibu Rum comes in a wide range of fruit infused rums.
Common Recipes: What to Mix with Kraken Rum?
The Ink Shot
- 1Boil root beer in a saucepan.
- 2Remove saucepan from heat and add the Jell-O.
- 3Mix until everything is completely dissolved.
- 4Add Kraken Rum and stir again.
- 5Pour the mixture into shot glasses and let cool.
- 6Chill for 2 hours and serve.
Sea Monster Mai Thai
- 1Combine all ingredients in a shaker aside from the rum.
- 2Add ice and shake.
- 3Pour the mixture into a large rocks glass and top with crushed ice.
- 4Finish the drink by topping it with Kraken rum.
- 5Garnish with fresh mint sprigs and grated nutmeg.
Kraken Rum is known for being a quality rum for all ages. It is one of the best brands when it comes to rum and cocktails that is affordable and available on almost every local store.
There are many recipes that you can try with Kraken Rum because of its versatility and innovativeness when it comes to its flavours.